As clients and investors’ expectations grow for financial institutions to integrate sustainability considerations such as environment, social and governance (ESG) factors into their lending, investment and product portfolios, navigating this fast-moving space can be a challenge. Sustainalytics supports the world's leading banks and organizations to advance their approach in sustainable finance by providing valuable insights and award-winning expertise into activities that can be considered impactful and material.
Sustainalytics will support the development and refinement of eligible activities that are considered sustainable based on industries and activities of particular relevance to your institution and identify common exclusions. This also entails providing support in mapping environmental and social criteria to relevant UN SDGs. The Eligibility Guide can provide a framework for sustainable financing and product development.
Eligibility Guide / Framework Annual Update
- Sustainalytics can provide annual support to update the eligibility criteria of the published Eligibility Guide to ensure continued development and refinement of the criteria with emergent market practices.
- Assist in reviewing new products to ensure that the sustainable finance product is aligned to the Guide.
- Sustainalytics’ contribution can be mentioned in product material.
Annual Transaction Review
- Sustainalytics can conduct an assessment of the transactions classified as sustainable according to the Eligibility Guide and provide an assurance report.
- The report can be shown to your investors.
Enable your organization to identify transactions with positive ESG impacts.
Offer transparency into the financial institution’s sustainability commitments, organizational goals, and eligible sustainable financing.
Provide guidance for allocation reporting to monitor and report on the financial institution’s sustainable finance targets.
Inform your desks and broader employee base on how to classify sustainable finance transactions across debt, loans, deposits, and trade finance.
Launch and co-brand products with Sustainalytics and build a reputation as a sustainable finance leader.
Align with market best practices and meet investor expectations.
Examples of Eligibility Guides codeveloped by Sustainalytics
Sustainalytics has supported the following leading financial institutions build their sustainable banking, lending and finance frameworks.
A Single Market Standard
Consistent approach to ESG assessments across the investment spectrum.
Award-Winning Research and Data
Firm recognized as Best ESG Research and Data Provider by Environmental Finance and Investment Week.
End-to-End ESG Solutions
ESG products and services that serve the entire investment value chain.
30 Years of ESG Expertise
800+ ESG research analysts across our global offices.
A Leading SPO Provider
As recognized by Environmental Finance and the Climate Bonds Initiative.
Register for our banking / lender sustainable finance quarterly round up newsletter
What you as a banking / lending professional can expect in this Quarterly newsletter:
- Product updates on for example Second party opinions solutions, ESG ratings, methodology changes
- Content updates
- Sample of recent work and reports completed by Sustainalytics
Related Insights and Resources
ESG In Conversation | How Are Sustainability Professionals Really Putting ESG into Practice?
In this episode of ESG in Conversation, we discuss the results of the Morningstar Sustainalytics Corporate ESG Survey and explore how the responsibilities of sustainability professionals are changing to address their companies' material ESG issues.